Monday, July 10, 2006

Quick Update

Abby loves to give us kisses on the lips now. It's the most heart-melting thing ever. The other day, I was laying on the floor letting her climb over me, and she got right in my face, cupped my face with her hands, and showered me with kisses. A couple weeks ago, we went to a brunch for the neighborhood in one of the activity rooms here. It took her a little while to warm to everyone, but by the time we left, she was trying to kiss a few of the women.

She's also become fascinated with straps and buckles. We can't get her in the car seat, high chair, or grocery cart without letting her try to buckle herself in first. She can now buckle the right strap on her high chair too! Right now, she doesn't have any interest in UNbuckling herself, which I am so dreading. One thing I've learned recently is that I can't tell her we're going bye-bye without telling her we're going in the car. If I don't tell her we're going in the car, she throws a fit when I try to strap her in the car seat because she thinks we're going for a walk outside. If I tell her we're going in the car, then all is right, and she shrieks "CA! CA!" over and over while running to the garage door.

Remember those cute little sandals I bought her a few months ago? She outgrew them a couple weeks ago. And I'm having a really hard time finding new sandals. I can find every other size known to man, but not the size 6 I need! Target had a whole aisle full of sandals and NOT ONE PAIR was in her size. Summer just started and they're already getting rid of sandals for back-to-school shoes.

It's been raining, or at least threatening to rain, the last few weeks, so I haven't been taking many pictures. This is all I have right now. I took the first one a couple weeks ago when I let Abby play in the rain for a few minutes. My sister, Jessica, took the last three when we were sitting around doing nothing one afternoon at my mom's house. Abby's no longer allowed to run around without some sort of bottoms, or a onesie, on because she's figured out how to take off her diaper. She doesn't bother with it when it's covered...yet.




She's been perfecting the dirty look recently.








New Words:
1. Hot (ah) This one's not new, but I forgot to add it to the list before.
2. Cookie (tootie)
3. All Gone (aga)
4. Dorothy (the Dinosaur) (tototie)
5. Jay Jay (the Jetplane) (taytay)
6. Banana (lala)
7. Go
8. Trash

The ones she says regularly, though, are hi, bye-bye, vacuum, keys, car, light, and feet.

No comments: