Friday, August 17, 2007

It's 4am and I can't sleep. I laid in bed for an hour tossing and turning before I gave up. What ultimately got me up was that I can't find the charger to the dvd player! Uh-oh. At least we'll be able to use the laptop if I can't find it. On the bright side it'll be one less thing to lug around. I finally got up because I remembered that we used it quite a bit at our last house. When we'd rent a movie, I'd plug the portable dvd player into the tv, so I know it's around here somewhere...

I'm mostly packed. There are a few last-minute things I still need to throw in the suitcases and I need to pack my backpack with all the carry-on stuff. I packed Abby's backpack full of toys for the plane last night, but it weighs as much as she does! I'll have to take some things out and add them to my backpack.

I love my backpack. I've had it since my freshman year in high school, and it's been everywhere with me since. I don't think I've ever taken a trip without it. It's been my only suitcase on some trips. I still remember going shopping with my mom to buy it. Remember that, kids. When buying a backpack for your teenager, it's best to spend a little more and buy a good quality one. It'll last a lifetime. Well, at least half a lifetime. This may be one of its last trips since the seams where the straps meet the actual pack are starting to show signs of wear. Why am I writing an ode to my backpack?

I'm going to be so tired on the plane!

I programmed the flickr email address into my cell phone, so I can upload pictures directly to the blog through flickr. Be prepared for a lot of mundane airport pictures taken with my phone tomorrow this afternoon.

No comments: