Thursday, August 4, 2005

Forget Crawling, She'll Be Walking By Next Week!

The other day, Rita asked if Abby was walking while I held her hands at all. Sure enough, the first time I tried she walked almost halfway across the room! She'd take a few steps, then look up at my and laugh and start up again. The second time, we made it all the way across the room in 2 commercials! Our family room in the basement is no small room either. Jake, any guesses on how far she went? We started right in front of the couch against the wall and walked to the opposite wall.

Posting for the rest of the month will be sporadic at best. John will be here for the rest of the month, but I'll try to update when I can. Next week, we'll be in San Juan Island, so you won't hear from me at all. Hopefully, I've posted enough pictures this week to appease the grandparents until then.

"No, Mama, that's not how I want it. It goes like this."


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess that she walked 22 feet in your family room.

I see she discovered the windows. I really believe that she will enjoy those low windows.

Have a great vacation. I am looking forward to hearing about it.

Anonymous said...

Go Abby!! Brogan's cruising furniture so walking can't be too far behind. Eek!

And isn't that the coolest seat? I've put B's bumbo away since all he wants to do now is get out of it but it was awesome while it lasted. We started using it at two months and just put it away a couple weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Wow is she advanced! gav is just barely starting to take steps. She looks so cute up against that window. She's growing up too fast!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Abby loves to walk while we hold her hands. Sometimes she gets upset when crawling because she'd rather be walking. She's not cruising along the furniture yet, but she really wants to. She gets frustrated that she can't yet.

We hardly used our Bumbo seat. By the time I finally got around to buying it, she literally learned to sit up unsupported while it was being shipped. She loves to play on it now, though.