Thursday, February 19, 2009

The girls had their 6-month checkup on Friday. Sure enough, they've both outgrown their infant carseats. Barely. Emma is 26 in. long & Cora's 26.5; the height limit is 26 inches. Emma's also finally passed Cora in weight! She's 17lbs. and Cora's 16lbs. 7oz. I'll have to dig up the paperwork to get their percentiles.

I ended up buying the Itzy Ritzy shopping cart cover, and used it for the first time today. It worked great! My only issue with it is that it comes with a clear plastic zipped bag to keep it in, but it's so small I had a ton of trouble getting it out when it came in the mail. There's no way I'll be able to get it back in! I ended up ripping off one of the toy holder loops trying to get it out and they responded quickly and offered to have me send it back for free to get it fixed or replaced, or pay seamstress fees to have it fixed myself. Haven't done either yet since it's such a small thing to fix.

Anyway, I used it for the first time today at the grocery store. I later found out my store has a new policy where the bag person goes out with the people using the racecars so they can get them back in the store right away. Because of this, there were none to be found outside. I ended up carrying both girls in, but couldn't figure out how to attach the cover while holding both. While I struggled, a kind woman asked if I needed help so I handed her Emma while I got it on and Cora in. Next time, I'll sling one and hold the other since I'm not comfortable wearing both.

The babies did really well sitting up together while Abby rode in the racecar part up front. Having them both together in the 2-person part was nice because they were able to lean on each other. I brought a blanket with me in case they needed some extra support, but they didn't at all. There wasn't much room left up there anyway. They also loved the different view! Sadly, I didn't get a picture since I'd planned on taking one when we left. I'd already made the bag boy who came out with me wait while I bought Girl Scout cookies, so I didn't want him to have to wait while the crazy mom took pictures. We got many looks and questions while we shopped. The typical "Are they twins?" "Are they identical?" Abby always gets asked if she's a good big sister/does she like being a big sister too.

Completely off-topic, but I once had a woman argue with me about them being fraternal. I told her they weren't, and she asked "Are you sure?" as she looked at both. She clearly didn't believe me even when I told her they look nothing alike. All it takes is one good look to see that!

6 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Are strangers great about arguing with you about YOUR twins!!!

I once had a lady stop and ask me - So are they both yours?!?! What?!?! UGH!

Mama (Heidi) said...

Glad your cart cover worked.

How did the girls do in their new car seats?

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i love it when people stop me to ask questions and then argue with my answers...haha!

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)

HJC said...

What kind of camera do you have???

Unknown said...

Heidi--They're doing just fine in the new carseats. We'll see how it goes the first time they fall asleep and we have to get them out!

Shauna--Welcome! Thanks!

Holly--See here about my camera